Your site should include the following:
- Homepage: this could be a blog or a landing page
- Portfolio: include all examples of your fashion design work from Fashion. You should also include at least 3 of your best drawings. I will teach you how to photograph/scan your artwork.
- About: Your artist statement and photograph of you (we will work with Photography to have a professional image taken of you)
- Contact: Contact page with your email address and/or a contact form
- Compile all of your artwork. Be sure you have high quality photographs.
- Design your site in Weebly.com or Wix.com
- Upload your artwork and add captions
- Write your artist statement
- Have Mr. Mistler edit the statement
- Make any changes
- Check over your entire site
- Email me your url
- An artist statement should describe the following: WHY YOU MAKE YOUR ART, WHAT INSPIRES YOU TO MAKE IT, WHAT IT SIGNIFIES OR REPRESENTS, WHAT'S UNIQUE OR SPECIAL ABOUT HOW YOU MAKE IT, and briefly, WHAT IT MEANS TO YOU. Answer those questions. See an example of an artist statement here.
- First paragraph. Begin with a simple statement of why you do the work you do. Support that statement, telling the reader more about your goals and aspirations.
Second paragraph. Tell the reader how you make decisions in the course of your work. How and why do you select materials, techniques, themes? Keep it simple and tell the truth.
Third paragraph. Tell the reader a little more about your current work. How it grew out of prior work or life experiences. What are you exploring, attempting, challenging by doing this work.
- Usage of topics outlined above
- Technical Quality
Are my images high quality and the proper resolution? They should all be high quality jpegs.
I don't have any blank images or templates from Wix.
I don't have anything from the template that doesn't pertain to me.
Does my site looks professional?
Does my site use the elements and principles?
Is my site user friendly?
Have I taken risks to create a well designed site and artist statement?
- Artist statement and biography
Do I have a well thought-out and creatively written artist statement?