Pixel Averaging is a Contemporary Art Technique that is unique to the 21st century. Not many artists are doing it, but it's a great new technique that will help you to understand how pixels work.
How it works:
Pixel averaging combines the photos that you use (you can use as many as you want) and averages the colors in each pixel. It uses a mathematical formula to average the pixels.
- Part 1 (1 project grade): Your assignment is to take at least 100 images and composite them into 1 image using an object.
- Part 2 (1 project grade): After experimenting with part 1, your assignment is to create an image composite with the theme "DREAMS." Take the theme and run with it!
- Study digital imagery techniques and apply them to the editing of the final images.
- Analyze pixel averaging techniques to make your own image composites.
- Part 1 & 2 will be graded as TWO separate project grades.
- Technical Quality
<<<Insert video as to how pixel averaging works>>>>